Full Stack Engineer
Location: Omaha, NE
We are looking for a skilled Full Stack Engineer to assume a crucial role on our engineering team. This position will work hand-in-hand with our CTO on core projects.
About HTI LabsHTI Labs fights human trafficking, sexual violence, and domestic violence by creating sustainable, data-driven research and technology in collaboration with community partners. Everything we do works toward two goals. 1. Develop the infrastructure for automated, ongoing data collection for prevalence estimates, trends, research, and evaluation. Many different entities track some facet of domestic and sexual violence, but to date it has been unclear whether and how these efforts come together to create a complete picture. We seek to systematically address this by:
- Linking existing data on known cases. We integrate agency systems to produce reliable aggregate data tracking incidents through the criminal justice system & onto services.
- Measuring & creating data on what we don’t know. Not everyone who experiences sexual violence reports the experience. We create data that doesn’t yet exist to help identify the victim population we’re not seeing.
- Building a better investigative model. We work with law enforcement to leverage forensic and digital evidence in order to shift the burden away from victims.
- Creating more effective victim identification, response, & support. We work on legislation to create protections for victims as they interact with the system and develop software to facilitate and develop better community-wide processes.
- Developing/Improving web applications, including writing front end code, back end code, and any middleware involved
- Building/improving internal software systems that generate, process, and store large quantities of data
Skills and QualificationsThe software engineer position requires:
- 3-5+ years of experience…
- Managing, designing, and/or coding software applications
- Working in UNIX-based operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Good knowledge of networking concepts, with the comfort to build APIs that are secure and efficient
- Experience using cloud-based systems such as AWS
- Proficiency in software engineering tools such as Jira
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Ability to take ownership of, and manage, projects in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to continuing to grow skills
- Substantive interest in HTI Labs’ areas of work
- Software project management experience
- Experience using MongoDB
- Solid knowledge of operating systems, including multithreading, parallel processing, and memory management
Application:To apply, send a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the Software Engineer position and a resume to email@example.com. Please:
- Attach the cover letter and resume as separate documents (either word or PDF) named as Lastname_document_role (e.g., Lastname_coverletter_softwareengineer)
- To make sure we see your materials, use the subject line “Software engineer application”